The Asthma Education Summit is a yearly event. It brings together health care providers, school representatives, faith-based organizations and other community-based organizations. The summit provides asthma information and promoting asthma education.
This year’s summit is scheduled for Friday, November 12 from 9:00am – 12:00pm.
Past summits have included lectures, discussions and workshops around the following topics:
- Understanding the effect of pollution on asthma
- Assessing asthma management
- Asthma control assessments
- Identifying asthma patients and getting care
- Community Health Workers
- Community Based Approach to Asthma Disparities
- School Health
- Asthma and Housing
- Adherence: Finding a Medication Regimen That Sticks
- Spirometry and Asthma
- ECHO-Chicago: Helping Children and Providers Breathe Easier
- Medication Devices
- Green Cleaning and Triggers